City Telephone Befriending volunteers help by making weekly telephone calls to bespoke matched City residents, who may be socially isolated, in need of a friendly conversation and someone to talk to.
Minimum of 3 months, 30-40 mins per week
Purpose of Role
To support people to who may be socially isolated, lonely or just need a social conversation via a weekly telephone call.
- Telephone Befriender Volunteers will receive tailored training, DBS check and ongoing support from our expert volunteer team.
- Good communication with a friendly approachable manner.
- Good listening skills.
- Patience and understanding.
- Reliable and able to commit to the agreed schedule.
What's in it for you?
- Helping someone to be more socially included and maintain wellbeing
- Doing something that is inspiring and rewarding in your spare time.
- Join and participate in peer support groups and meet other volunteers.
- Develop new skills and enhance existing knowledge.
- Tempo Time Credits for volunteer hours given.