Our new integrated suite of community services in the City aims to help all residents and workers access the services they need. A key element of the service is helping people to locate the information about services and activities they need. The Information Hub Volunteer is a vital part of the service and will be based for half a day per week at one of our community hubs (Golden Lane Community Centre and Artizan Library). They will be available to answer any questions about services, help people navigate the website and make referrals into our outreach workers.
Minimum of 6 months, 3 hours per week
Purpose of Role
- To represent the City Community Connections Service (CCCS) – the new early intervention and prevention service.
- Ensure CCCS presence at City information hub’s.
- Signpost/ refer residents to Services.
- Help residents to navigate the internet to access the information they need.
- All volunteers will be supported by experienced volunteer co-ordinators.
- Join and participate in peer support groups and meet other volunteers.
- Relevant training will be provided.
- Good communication with a friendly approachable manner and solution-focused.
- Good listening skills.
- Reliable and committed to doing at least 1 session a week.
- Ability to navigate the internet via a tablet (provided).
What's in it for you?
- Doing something that is inspiring and rewarding in your spare time.
- Develop new skills and enhance existing knowledge.
- Gain experience and new skills.
- Tempo Time Credits for volunteer hours given.