City Digital Buddy volunteers help by making weekly Zoom video calls to bespoke matched City residents have already had 1-2-1 digital support and need further guidance and support to help them learn varied digital skills, specific to the matched individual; from using internet browsing, Google, YouTube, etc.
Minimum of 3 months, up to 1 hour per week
Purpose of Role
To support people to build confidence and motivation to be able to access and learn digital skills to get online and be digitally included.
- City Digital Buddies will be supported by experienced volunteer co-ordinators.
- Join and participate in peer support groups and meet other volunteers.
- Relevant tailored training, DBS check and ongoing support will be provided.
- Good communication with a friendly approachable manner.
- Good IT, Digital and listening skills.
- Patience and solution-focused approach.
- Reliable and able to commit to the agreed schedule.
What's in it for you?
- Helping individuals to learn digital skills and access online services and activities; supporting them to become more independent and less isolated.
- Doing something that is inspiring and rewarding in your spare time.
- Develop new skills and enhance existing knowledge.
- Tempo Time Credits for volunteer hours given.