Money and Benefits

Home 9 Are you a carer? 9 Money and Benefits 9 Managing someone else’s money

Managing someone else’s money

If you and the person you are caring for, believe you may need to help them manage their money or day to day banking in the future, it may be worth considering setting up Third-Party Access or Lasting Power of Attorney. Both provide a way of giving a trusted person authority to manage a person’s banking and other financial affairs:


  • Third Party Access is where you give a trusted person (a nominee) access to your accounts so they can sort out all your day to day banking. This is set up at your bank and can be cancelled at any time.
  • Lasting Power of Attorney is a legal document where an individual can give another person (their attorney) the authority to make certain decisions on their behalf.

To find out more and to register a Power of Attorney, go to


City Connections can help you to give you an initial understanding of matters such as Lasting Power of Attorney, and where needed we will put you in contact with other organisations that can give further guidance. Contact us on or 020 3957 9844.

Delivered by Age UK East
London on behalf of The
City of London corporation

Get in touch

Here's how you can get in touch with The City Connections Service.
Our Head office: 82 Russia Lane, Bethnal Green E2 9LU
Phone number: 0203 957 9844

Contact form

Click here to fill in our contact form and will get back to you within 2 working days. This website is managed by Age UK East London, 82 Russia Lane, London, E2 9LU.

Registered charity number 1144535. Company number 7687015.
® Age UK East London 2022. All rights reserved.